This is a follow-up to our earlier blog post about plans for 2016 – we want to expand on that post, and explain in more detail our plans for the upcoming year. If you have suggestions or would like to be more involved, please let us know!
Reaching out to gamers, new and old, and providing them an experience the world of Tékumel is an important part of the work of the Tékumel Foundation. In 2016, that means providing prizes and promotional material to people willing to work with the Foundation for the events they are running at their favorite gaming conventions. We’re especially interested in efforts to develop a continuous track of events for the duration of a convention. We’re planning on helping Tékumel activities and events at:
- Con of the North (Twin Cities, MN), February 12th-14th;
- Gary Con (Lake Geneva, WI), March 3rd-6th;
- Convergence (Twin Cities, MN), June 30th-July 3rd;
- Celesticon (SF, CA), September 2nd-5th;
- Gamehole Con (Madison, WI), November 4th-6th, and
- U-Con Gaming Convention (Ypsilanti, MI), November 11th-13th.
If you are interested in running games or events at these or other conventions, please let us know – we want to help make your event a success. If you want to do something Tékumel related at another convention, please tell us about it! If we get enough lead time, we’d be happy to work with you to provide prizes or other materials to enhance the quality of your event. Just write to the Foundation at: email@example.com